Sorry, this position is now filled.
- Reports to Director of Operations: assists Director, Operations Director, Coordinator of Hosted Programs and Coordinator of Sponsored Programs, as requested, and as business activity requires
- Supports Coordinator of Sponsored Programs with scheduling, planning & organizing activities sponsored by Vallombrosa
- Assists in coordinating events: prepares rosters, sign-up sheets and fee envelopes. Assists in production of retreat and special event flyers: prepare notices and advertisements for all sponsored events, coordinate preparation of Vallombrosa newsletters and brochures and update website, as directed
- Answers incoming telephone calls, and provides guest services, including check-in, check-out inquiries, site maps, directions to bedrooms and meeting rooms, towel and trash requests, meal times, loaning of hair dryers and other indoor and outdoor equipment, etc.
- Screens inquiries for private retreats, and forwards information to Coordinator of Sponsored Retreats to approve housing, food service, and special needs
- Prepares daily cash/check receipts, prepares weekly bank deposit, works with Coordinators for Hosted and Sponsored events
- Assists in collecting and ordering office supplies; maintains office equipment
- Assists with Chapel and sacristy maintenance: monitors altar supplies, missals, vestments
- Serves as “point of sale” for bookstore and gift shop. Assists Coordinator of Sponsored events with recommendations for new products, information regarding items requested, and potential cost of new items; records most popular sale items.
- Sorts, distributes and processes incoming and outgoing mail – USPS, FedEx, UPS.
Vallombrosa strives to project and be known for its hospitality. Because the Operations Assistant-Receptionist is often the first “face” guests see, an applicant should possess the following qualities:
- Practicing Catholic
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent time management & organization skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Professional, In-Design, Word, and Excel
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO email@example.com. No phone calls.